I've worked closely with founders Mike + Duncan from pre-launch on alcohol free beer brand Days to develop their e-commerce strategy. Alongside working with their brand agency Onwards I've also sourced additional members of the freelance team for functions like social management, photography and launching on Amazon.
I sourced and briefed our developer to deliver a website optimised for conversion, layering in retention strategy with our Minutes loyalty programme and fully customised emails across all brand touchpoints. I've helped guide the founders thinking on DTC channel strategy but have also been in the detail building landing pages and my role continues to develop as the brand grows.
I provide weekly guidance to the founders of SaaS ‘conversational commerce’ platform, Blueprint. My role has continually evolved but in a short space of time I have helped them:
- establish internal communication standards for the team, investor updates and board meetings
- interrogate the fundamentals of the culture they’re trying to create and establish keystone habits
- understand how finance drives strategy and to gain a full grasp of cashflow/ P+L/ balance sheet
Developed from mid 2013 and launched in early 2014, Sandows pioneered the UK cold brew coffee category. Specialising in ready-to-drink coffee drinks using responsibly sourced, speciality grade coffee. My role evolved many times over 6 years and my key experience included:
- Responsibility for setting strategic direction and plan
- Responsibility for securing finance, through crowdfunding, angel and venture capital phases
- Responsibility for maintaining appropriate levels of communication and governance
- Directly briefing in all elements of brand identity and packaging design
- Leading sales force to win key positional accounts such as Selfridges, Harrods, Whole Foods Market, Ace Hotel, Soho House and also for securing volume drivers with Marks & Spencer, Sainsbury’s, Ocado.
- Hiring and directly managing team of six and network of freelancers
- Leading all marketing + PR functions working in-house and with agencies on a project basis
- Developing Sandows tone of voice and social media presence
- Building Sandows e-commerce channel (Shopify + Amazon)
- Taking responsibility when we decided not to continue, shutting the company down and communicating that to the team, shareholders, suppliers and customers
photo: Lauren Maccabee